The determination of kiln axis position is a fundamental part of every kiln inspection. Our methodology base on the solution that has been tested for nearly 40 years. The kiln axis of rotation is defined by determining tires’ centers with simultaneously conducted measurements of tires’ diameters and under-tire clearance (by measuring migration between tire and kiln shell).
HOT KILN ALIGNMENT
we see it like this ...
SCOPE OF SERVICES
- Setting up the surveying bases for the kiln: two horizontal reference lines and benchmarks on each pier.
- Measurement of kiln axis position in horizontal and vertical plane.
- Measurement of rollers’ axis position, rollers’ skewing and operating angle.
- Measurement of rollers’ inclination and foundation frame axial slope
- Measurement of rollers’ profiles (mechanical wear of running surface)
- Measurement of rollers’ shaft deflection in reference to the pier (indication of shell crank formation)
- Measurement of thrust roller position in reference to the kiln axis
- Measurement of tires and shell temperatures
- Measurement of tire migration (circumferential tire movement) and calculation of undertire clearance.
- Measurement of shell profile (circularity deviation and eccentricity of cross sections), preparation of shell polar diagrams and shell 3D animation model
- Measurement of tires and girth gear wobbling
- General mechanical inspection of drive mesh, bearings and shafts condition, lubrication efficiency, inlet and outlet sealing, thrust unit, adjustment equipment, covers and housing.
- Calculations of axial deviations in horizontal and vertical plane and kiln slope
- Preparation of optimal version of adjustment program and schedule
- Supervision over adjustment procedure carried out by technicians of the Cement Plant
- Control survey of final kiln axis position and rollers skewing after the adjustments.
- Preparation of completed report on measurements and adjustments
- Preparation of recommendations for future preventive maintenance actions, routines, necessary repairs and replacements.
- Presentation and submission of the report and shell animation to the Customer
- OPTIONAL 1: Shelltest – elastic shell deformation survey, shell ovality check
- OPTIONAL 2: Measurement of kiln drive system geometry: gear, pinion, shafts, reducer, engine (the kiln must be stopped due to safety reasons)
- OPTIONAL 3: Recalculation of kiln mechanical parameters: current loads on piers, pressure on bearings, Hertz pressures, bending stress in the shell, stress in the tires, calculation of stiffness matrix, optimization of kiln vertical axis position considering load distribution (All results must be treated solely as technical opinion. Geoservex do not take any responsibility for changes in kiln loads or kiln design.)
3D animation of rotary kiln shells
RECALCULATION OF KILN MECHANICAL PARAMETERS
In Geoservex we do understand that kiln maintenance is not a piece of cake.
Our regular clients share maintenance issues with us asking for help and assistance in resolving both small and serious problems. We are open for such cooperation providing our support, free of charge.
Too much load on your shoulders?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and describe the kiln issues you face. We’ll get back to you with advice and technical support based on our long term experience*. No matter where you are and who made your last kiln inspection, we’ll do our best to help. Work with professionals.
*Please allow us to reply within 3 working days. Technical advice is free of charge, any action taken by the client is at their own risk.
When you describe symptoms use your camera to visualize it. One picture tells more than 1000 words…